Travel to Cardiff
Cardiff is served by Cardiff International Airport with regular direct flights from UK and European destinations.
Cardiff International Airport: www.cwlfly.com, Tel: +44 (0) 1446 711111
Bristol International Airport is only 1 hour away. Birmingham, Manchester and London Airports (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton) are also all easily accessible to Cardiff by high-speed InterCity train or coach.
From/To Cardiff International Airport
Checker cars, the official taxi operator for the airport, is located outside the arrivals hall to the right as you exit the building.Taxis are available upon arrival, or can be booked in advance by e-mailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1446 711747.
Shared Airport Shuttle
Pre book a shared airport shuttle or chauffer driven executive car service prior to your arrival in Cardiff. Contact Flightlink Wales at +44 (0)29 20 253555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out www.flightlinkwales.com
A shuttle bus provides located outside the Arrivals Hall provides an easy and convenient link to a local railway station from which you can travel to Cardiff City Centre. For more information see Arriva Trains.
- National Express: operates low cost coach services to Cardiff from cities throughout the UK, including a flightlink service from Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Megabus: operate among others a frequent London-Cardiff service with fares from as little as £1
- Travel line: for all your public transportation information.
High-speed trains link most cities with Cardiff. The journey time from London Paddington to Cardiff is under two hours and leaves every 30 minutes during the day.
Regional railways operate modern air-conditioned trains direct to Cardiff from Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, Southampton, Exeter, Portsmouth...
- National Rail website
- National Rail Enquiries from overseas (Please note: International rates apply): +44 (0)20 7278 5240
- National Rail Enquiries: 08457 48 49 50
- National Rail Enquiries Textphone: 0845 60 50 600
- Welsh language: 0845 60 40 500
The M4 Motorway runs through the north of the city, making London a comfortable drive away. From the Midlands, the North of England and Scotland it is a straightforward drive via the M6, M5 and M50/M4. From the South and South West of England the approach is by M5 and M4. Access from West Wales is by M4. Please note that parking is NOT available at the conference venues, there are however several carparks nearby (North Road being the closest) and on street parking is available (using vouchers).
Copyright© 4M Network of Excellence.