4M2005 Conference on Multi-Material Micro Manufacture
- 29th June – 1st July 2005
- The Centre for Advanced Technological and Environmental Training
- Conference Chair
- Prof. Wolfgang Menz, Germany
- Conference Co-Chair
- Dr. Stefan Dimov, Cardiff University, UK
- To broaden the range of microsystems-based products and simultaneously to multiply their capabilities requires the integration of new materials and precision engineering technologies for their processing with IC-based, batch-fabrication processes. The present suite of microtechnologies will not be able alone to meet the manufacturing demands for high-aspect-ratio structures, enhanced-forced microactuation, improved environment resistance and high precision microcomponents. These are the biggest challenges to micro product development and at the same represent promising research and development areas for innovation and value creation. In this context, the main goal of the Conference is to provide a forum for experts from industry and academia to share the results of their in-depth investigations and engage in interdisciplinary discussions about micro-technologies for batch-processing of metals, polymers and ceramics, and the development of new production platforms for multi-material micro products.
The second call for papers can be downloaded from here
Organized by: 4M Network of Excellence
Sponsored by the EC
Submitted on February 17, 2005 - 16:05.
Copyright© 4M Network of Excellence.